I get lots of email requesting ad link exchanges and sales, so I felt it was time to officially present my policy on the matter to save us all time and hassle.
1. I will only free-link resources which I either personally endorse or feel provide useful, pertinent content to my visitors. I cannot personally guarantee link quality – particularly as time goes on (sites disappear, change, &c.) – but I do make an effort to link only useful and interesting sites.
2. I do not link dating sites, random online communities (unless I have had good firsthand experiences with the communities in question), or sites that go beyond my general PG-13 comfort level. This goes for paid links as well as free ones. That said, sometimes Google Ads serves up some oddities. While I try to weed out Google adlinks that don’t meet my standards, the nature of the AdSense beast is unpredictable. For that reason, don’t use the Google Ads you see on my site as a measure of your potential success.
2. In general, I do not free-link commercial sites. On occasion, I will free-link a commercial site that I feel has significant free content OR has provided me with excellent service, but this is relatively rare.
3. I don’t buy content and guest blogging is limited to people I know or specifically ask to contribute.
4. I will mark any paid advertisements (including links) appearing on my site. This usually means that I’ll provide some sort of sponsorship proviso for the sake of my visitors, as well as a rel=nofollow link tag attribute for the sake of Googlebot.
5. All linking and ad agreements are unique. Rates, placement, and other agreement elements will vary with circumstances.
6. I reserve the right to remove links, paid or otherwise, that point to content which I feel is offensive (to me or my site visitors), fraudulent, technically dangerous (e.g. points to sites infested with malware, &c.), and the like.
7. I will not update your ads. Make sure you submit correct code, copy, and imagery to me upon our initial agreement. Occasionally, a well-meaning adbuyer may have good reason to ask for an update; I will consider each of those requests on a case-by-case basis.
8. I reserve the right to change and add to my policy – without notice – as time goes on.
If you want to purchase an ad on any of my websites, please get in touch. Describe the ads you’d like to place. Remember to include specific URLs and precise information about your budget.